Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Loves Lists- May


The summer winds are starting to blow off of the Mediterranean and through the streets of Tangier. Can you believe it's almost June? I sure can't. I have no clue where the time has flown. It's freakin' me out a bit.

I still haven't had much time for recipes and cooking, but really it's a good thing, because my dance stuff has been gaining some serious momentum. My new workshops that I just started last week have been full & lively, I'm assembling a team for a new dance/video project that I am producing, and I just performed in the Tangier Street Art Festival with my dance partner and it seemed to be a huge success. It's been a lot of work, but also lots and lots of payoff.

I am super excited for summer to arrive, not just for longer days of beach lounging, but because I've got some little vacations set up. As happy as I am in this city, I can feel my travel pants starting to get antsy. Perusing maps and travel blogs have reappeared as my main time-fillers. These summers winds make me want to blow away.

In the meantime, while I dream about Istanbul and Montreal, here are some things I've been lusting over lately:

May Love List

-This recipe is the perfect combination to feed my current obsession with orange flower water and my on-going need for strawberries every day.
-Love these photographs- intimate & quiet homescapes.
-I have literally shown this video to every single one of my friends who are dancers. I am just obsessed. Beautiful, twisted, haunting, and seriously impressive.
-On my to-cook-immdediately list: A fresh spring onion fritatta, grilled green onions with walnut romanesco, fried cauliflower steaks with honey + hot sauce, and this coconut noodle salad with caramelized limes.
-New music addiction. This guy too.
-You can always count on my friend Renee to have something good and chocolatey to share. Mm I want them all.
-Another one of the many dance videos I've been watching for inspiration.
-My ideal Sunday afternoon: sitting on my terrace in the sun reading this and sipping on this.
-And because everyone loves cute animals and pretty pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment