Saturday, September 14, 2013

New Blog, New Adventure


Well here we go again.

You would think that the more you keep leaving places, the easier it gets. And in some ways, it does get better. This time around, I know more of what I'm getting myself into. I know I can handle it. I know that traveling alone doesn't mean being alone, and that is reassuring.

However, no matter what, saying goodbye is always hard. Especially to the house where you grew up, the friends you've known since you were in diapers, and even to those people you just met, but wish you had more time with. It's the trade-off you make for having awesome adventures.

Tonight, I'm flying away again, heading to a place as random for me as if I had closed my eyes, put my finger on a map and said "There. I'm going to Iceland." But why not, really? I'm of the optimistic view that everywhere in the world has something to offer. And I'm about to to go- without a plan, without a guide, without any kind of schedule- and figure out what Iceland has to discover.

Some people tell me I'm crazy for doing this, and maybe I am, but I'm totally okay with that. Life is more exciting with a little crazy in the mix.

So if you want to follow my crazy journey where I have no clue what I'm doing or what's going to happen, I'll keep updating this blog as often as possible, so at least you'll know I'm alive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment